A highlight of the playlist is the creation of a unique instrumental ‘TAYCAN’ song that incorporates sound samples of the Taycan into an electronic track.
“My aim was to create something sophisticated, progressive, modern, unique, and hopefully unprecedented - all that the Taycan encompasses,” said Shill.
This is not the first time Shill applied his musical genius to translate Porsche sound into music. And like cars, his creations evolve.
“This time I was looking to create something sonically fluid, smooth, and seamless to complement and enhance the driving experience. A truly immersive experience.”
‘Sunset Drive’ is the first locally curated playlist that was added to the global Porsche curator room on Apple Music®. The cover features the Taycan and iconic Australian sites with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House. It blends the electronic elements of music with the sonic elements of the Taycan. This unique experience is complemented by the first ever piece of music created entirely from the Taycan drive units – ‘TAYCAN’.
The playlist is accessible around the globe through the touchscreen display in the Porsche Advanced Cockpit of any Taycan with an active Apple Music® subscription.
Taycan adds Apple Podcasts and Apple Music® Lyrics
Following the integration of Apple Music® into the all-electric Porsche Taycan, Porsche and Apple have introduced a new, seamless podcast experience, and an enhanced music experience, with support for Apple Podcasts and Apple Music’s® Time-Synced lyrics on the passenger-side display.
From the touchscreen display of the Porsche Advanced Cockpit, drivers can stream over 1.5 million shows from Apple Podcasts, the world’s leading podcast platform. This is the first-ever full integration of Apple Podcasts in any vehicle, and it includes the entire catalog-of-record with programming in 100 languages plus Top Charts for shows and episodes.
Apple Music has also added support for Time-Synced Lyrics on the passenger-side display, making it easy to discover, sing, or just follow along to songs from their library, thousands of curated playlists, and personalized stations.
“The Taycan embodies the pioneering spirit of Porsche – as the first all-electric car from Zuffenhausen. It sets benchmarks within the context of digitalisation and sustainability – and this also applies to the interior,” says Detlev von Platen, Member of the Executive Board for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG.
“The new Apple Music and Apple Podcast offerings expand the emotional driving experience with the Taycan with a seamlessly integrated digital feature for music lovers. There is more to come."
“A great podcast can make any drive more enjoyable,” said Oliver Schusser, Vice President of Apple Music, Beats and International Content.
“With Apple Podcasts, drivers can effortlessly catch up on the latest news, hear incredible stories and enjoy the company of their favorite hosts. And with Apple Music, passengers can easily sing along to their favorite songs with Time-Synced Lyrics.”
Apple Podcasts and Apple Music’s time-synced lyrics are available to new Taycan customers today and will rollout to all owners in January.
Taycan in-car experience
Drivers can enjoy the following features and benefits in the Taycan thanks to the unique collaboration between Porsche and Apple:
- Stream Exclusive Porsche Playlists: Listen to curated playlists such as ‘Sunset Drive’ from Porsche, only on Apple Music®.
- Enjoy Effortless Podcast Listening: Listen to your favourite podcast in your Taycan and seamlessly pick up where you left off on your other devices when you link your Apple ID with your car.
- Stream 70 million Songs Ad-Free with Apple Music®: Subscribers can enjoy a world of music, with a personalised Listen Now tab, thousands of exclusive, curated playlists, and daily selections from artists playing today’s hits, classics, and country on Apple Music® Radio.
- Discover on Broadcast Radio, then Listen on Apple Music®: Create your own custom station on Apple Music® from any song you find while listening to broadcast radio in your car.
- Access Complementary Music and Data: Taycan owners* can get up to six months free of Apple Music®, and new Taycan customers will receive three years of complimentary in-car streaming data.
Taycan also supports Apple CarPlay®. Drivers can easily connect their iPhone to get directions optimized for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music and podcasts by tapping the Taycan touchscreen display or by asking Siri, all while staying focused on the road.
* Taycan owners will receive a 3 month complimentary subscription to Apple Music® if they register for a Porsche ID, activate Porsche Connect, redeem an Apple Music® voucher and link their Apple Music® Account to their Porsche ID. If owners are a new Apple Music® subscriber the complimentary subscription will be extended automatically for an additional 3 months.