The key figures listed refer to Porsche AG and Porsche Leipzig GmbH.

The categories of “production sites” (Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen and Leipzig including production-related external sites), “development sites” (Weissach including development-related external sites) and “other sites” (Korntal-Münchingen, Freiberg, Asperg, Weilimdorf, ­Ludwigsburg) correspond to the categories used in internal reporting relevant for control.

1) Conversion factor from litres to MWh: petrol ≙ 8.72 kWh/l; diesel ≙ 9.91 kWh/l.

1) 99 per cent of the electrical energy is TÜV-certified green electricity. The remaining 1 per cent relates to the acquisition of new buildings and to existing grey electricity contracts, which were fully transitioned to green electricity on 1 January 2022.

Energy consumption of the production sites in kWh/vehicle

2014 3,757
2020 2,763
2021 2,673

1) The reported GHG emissions (Scope 1) include all the direct emissions of Porsche AG and Porsche Leipzig GmbH. Since the 2021 reporting year, this figure has additionally included emissions from refrigerants and from VOC combustion.
2) The reported emissions relate exclusively to Porsche’s own vehicles. These are presented separately because the business-related proportion cannot be distin­guished from private journeys.
3) Emissions are generally only produced from local travel, as 100 per cent use is made of green electricity for long-distance travel.
4) The NOₓ emissions shown here refer exclusively to production processes, and not to Porsche vehicles.
5) During the stipulated reporting period, there were no emissions of substances included in Annexes A, B, C or E to the Montreal Protocol on Substances that deplete the Ozone Layer.

Total direct and indirect GHG emissions in t of CO₂ equivalent

2021 9,090
2020 26,971
2019 57,685

Direct and indirect greenhouse gas emissions of the production sites in kg/vehicle

2014 1,009
2020 69
2021 10

VOC emissions of the production sites in kg/vehicle

2014 0.98
2020 0.59
2021 0.58

1) Porsche only draws fresh water (≤ 1,000 mg/l total dissolved solids (TDS)) from areas with no water stress.
2) Porsche only feeds fresh water (≤ 1,000 mg/l total dissolved solids (TDS)) into areas with no water stress.

Water consumption of the production sites in m3/vehicle

2014 3.82
2020 3.32
2021 3.05

1) Recycling and disposal of the reported hazardous and non-hazardous waste are exclusively carried out by external disposal companies.

Total volume of waste in t

2021 21,755
2020 20,787
2019 23,995

1) The figure stated comprises investments in the company’s sites in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, Weissach and Leipzig only.

Related Content

Partner to Society
Company

Partner to Society

As part of a global community of values, ­Porsche assists regions and communities around the world in conserving the environment, guaranteeing good labour and living conditions and boosting social cohesion.

Diversity
Company

Diversity

Porsche would be nothing without the people who build it up and shape it. Porsche therefore focuses on people. Each and every ­employee contributes to the success of the company with their unique skills. Porsche promotes diversity and equal opportunity.