1. What is love?
According to Plato, love is a kind of madness. Euripides says that of all illnesses, love is at least the healthiest.
2. How are you?
Stressed out, because my week has too few days and my day has too few hours.
3. How would you describe a Porsche 911 in a nutshell?
The most rational way to be irrational.
4. Which very simple things can make you very happy?
Petting my fat cat Gino.
5. What would you never do in a 911?
Pick my nose. I always wonder what makes some people feel like they’re not being observed while sitting in a beautiful car.
6. What’s your favorite road?
Any road that my 911 and I have to ourselves.
7. What can distract you?
Traffic lights, reduced speed zones, and cars that block passing lanes.
8. Three things you would take to a deserted island?
A guitar, a good book, and—assuming the island has paved roads—my car.
9. Whom or what do you admire?
Beautiful writing. Every once in a while I run across sentences that make me jealous that I didn’t write them myself.
10. What on a 911 could you do without?
Electrically adjustable seats, driver assistance systems, and a convertible roof.
11. And what couldn’t you?
The roar of the flat-six engine and the view of the front fenders.
12. What music did you wake up to this morning?
None at all! I’m not a morning person and just want to be left in peace.
13. Your favorite film?
I’m more of the TV series type.
14. Your favorite book?
Lately, The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
15. Your latest social media post?
That had to do with my rock band’s concert in South Korea.
16. Your most treasured possession?
As it happens, my 1980 Porsche 911 SC.
17. Coffee or tea?
As someone who’s not a morning person, there’s only one answer: coffee!
18. The 911 moment of your life?
Some years ago, I drove my 911 to southern Germany for a 911 GT3 991 series media event. Over seven hundred kilometers on the loveliest country roads with the two best cars I know.
19. Your best advice?
Relax! Not that I take my own advice.
20. What would no one expect of you?
People expect just about anything from me, whether positive or negative.
Residence: Zurich, Switzerland
Porsche: 911 SC, built in 1980
Text first published in the Porsche customer magazine Christophorus, No. 384