This year’s event promises to feature an even larger gathering than last year. The 17,000 square meter venue will host an exciting mix of experiences, the biggest display of classic Porsches anywhere in the region, artwork installations from renowned artists, popular F&B vendors and exciting entertainment acts from across the region.
Following the attendance of more than 7,000 visitors and 1,000 Porsche cars to the inaugural festival in 2021, Icons of Porsche will once again offer a meeting point for Porsche enthusiasts, families and a wide variety of international and local communities that are driven by shared passion points such as classic cars, art, music, off-roading and exciting experiences.
“Following the overwhelming response to last year’s festival, we are truly excited to announce that Icons of Porsche is back,” said Dr Manfred Bräunl, Chief Executive Officer of Porsche Middle East and Africa FZE. “Icons of Porsche is a celebration of Porsche’s amazing heritage. Last year’s event was one of the most impressive car displays this region has ever seen, with over 200 classic Porsche sportscars present."
“The safari theme for this year’s event will deliver a lot of exciting moments and engaging experiences. Attendees can expect to see some famous Porsche vehicles from throughout our rich history, with pedigree and success off-road as well as on the race track. We are planning to deliver a calendar event that is not to be missed. It will be the ultimate platform to experience classic car nostalgia in connection with art, culture and the community.”
Celebrating milestones and a new model unveil
The family-friendly event will feature multiple celebrations of key milestones. This includes 20 years of Porsche Cayenne, the brand’s first SUV model, 50 Years of Porsche Design and will offer a meeting place for Porsche Clubs from all over the region as they celebrate an incredible ’70 Years of Porsche Clubs’.
Porsche Museum cars at this year’s “Icons of Porsche” festival
New highlights that are aimed to attract an even wider audience include the additions of real life and virtual driving experiences. An Esports arena will offer attendees the opportunity to test their racing simulator skills in a Porsche against other competitors, whilst a special offroad course will offer an adventurous passenger ride experience in Porsche Cayenne models. The festival will be split into five distinctive thematic zones for visitors to explore. This includes:
- Adventure Camp: An exploration of Porsche’s adventurous and rebellious side. Here attendees can expect a mix of offroad, overland and rallying displays, with famous museum race cars, special modified cars and driving experiences.
- Community Village: A marketplace for all attendees who are fascinated by car culture and want to embrace the Porsche lifestyle. This merchandise hub features popular brand partners, a one-stop shop for Porsche items and activations that will give every visitor a piece of the festival to take home.
- Design Factory: A hub dedicated to car making artistry and its influence on lifestyle. Featuring Exclusive Manufaktur and Porsche Design, this zone showcases the brand’s design process, heritage and a variety of iconic sports cars built to perform and turn heads.
- Electric Field: A modern desert metropolis for all to discover the thrilling speed of Porsche cars in-game at the Esports arena and to be entertained with special installations that show how Porsche shaped the world of pop culture in movies, digital art and gaming.
- Art Valley: A galleria of unique artworks from renowned international and local artists who have been inspired by Porsche. Here visitors are guaranteed to be inspired and will have opportunities to get creative themselves.
Last year’s festival attracted more than 7,000 visitors and more than 1,000 Porsche owners, representing the largest gathering of Porsches ever in the region. It included some of the most exciting highlights from the brand’s rich racing heritage as well as rare classic road cars and design studies making their first ever appearance at a public event outside of Porsche’s home country Germany.
Offering something for everyone and hosting regional and international guests and artists, Icons of Porsche is a truly unique event that targets a wide range of audiences – from classic car owners to automotive enthusiasts and experience seekers. It is a testimony that Porsche does not only stand for exceptional sports cars but also for passion, inspiration, and dreams.
Registrations to attend this year’s two-day festival free of charge are now open to the public at www.iconsofporsche.com. Be sure to follow and contribute to the #IconsofPorsche hashtag on social media.