Search for Sunset Drive on Apple Music’s playlists, and a selection of songs will appear, celebrating the launch of the Porsche Taycan in Australia. Alongside more than 30 tracks is a unique instrumental piece called TAYCAN, which was created by Shill and samples the drive unit of the all-electric sports car. “My aim was to create something sophisticated, progressive, modern, unique, and hopefully unprecedented – all that the Taycan encompasses,” explains the DJ.
The Porsche Cars Australia collaboration is not the first time Shill has applied his musical genius to translate Porsche sounds into music. And just like cars, his creations evolve: “This time I was looking to create something sonically fluid, smooth and seamless to complement and enhance the driving experience. A truly immersive experience.”
‘Sunset Drive’ is the first locally curated playlist to be added to the global Porsche curator page on Apple Music. The playlist cover features the Taycan in front of the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.
The playlist is accessible around the globe to Apple Music users as well as through the touchscreen display in the Porsche Advanced Cockpit of any Taycan with an active subscription.
Taycan in-car experience
Drivers can enjoy the following features and benefits in the Taycan thanks to the unique collaboration between Porsche and Apple:
- Stream Exclusive Porsche Playlists: Listen to curated playlists such as ‘Sunset Drive’ from Porsche, only on Apple Music.
- Enjoy Effortless Podcast Listening: Listen to your favourite podcast in your Taycan and seamlessly pick up where you left off on your other devices when you link your Apple ID with your car.
- Stream 70 million Songs Ad-Free with Apple Music: Subscribers can enjoy a world of music, with a personalised Listen Now tab, thousands of exclusive, curated playlists, and daily selections from artists playing today’s hits, classics, and country on Apple Music Radio.
- Discover on Broadcast Radio, then Listen on Apple Music: Create your own custom station on Apple Music® from any song you find while listening to broadcast radio in your car.
- Access Complementary Music and Data: Taycan owners* can get up to six months free of Apple Music®, and new Taycan customers will receive three years of complimentary in-car streaming data.
The Taycan also supports Apple CarPlay. Drivers can easily connect their iPhone to get directions optimised for traffic, make calls, send and receive messages, and listen to music and podcasts by tapping the Taycan touchscreen display or by asking Siri, all while staying focused on the road.