Atlanta. Porsche Cars North America today announced the top 16 qualifiers for the Grand Final of the 2023 Porsche Esports Challenge USA. The Grand Final will take place in the Bose Esports Arena during Rennsport Reunion 7 at the legendary WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca on September 30, 2023.
“These talented gamers have proven their skills and dedication, earning their spot in the upcoming finals,” said Ayesha Coker, Vice President of Marketing, Porsche Cars North America. “We can’t wait to welcome and cheer them on at the largest gathering of Porsche fans in the world.”
Throughout June and July, over 36,000 people across the United States competed in qualifying rounds held in-game in Gran Turismo™ 7, and offline at the Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles, Porsche Experience Center Atlanta, and four U.S. Porsche Centers.
The 16 qualifiers are as follows:
- Denis Vandell, 30, Gainesville, Georgia
- Payton May, 26, Henagar, Alabama
- Timothy Bettencourt, 20, Atwater, California
- Daniel Solis, 27, Tacoma, Washington
- Kevan Pounder, 30, Englewood, New Jersey
- Robert Heck, 23, California City, California
- Randall Haywood, 22, Forrest Park, Illinois
- Tyler Limsnukan, 18, Cerritos, California
- Andrew McCabe, 26, Potomac, Maryland
- Dean Helt, 21, Reno, Nevada
- Cyrus Cross, 38, Beaverton, Oregon
- Zach Niederstadt, 22, Oak Point, Texas
- Anna Giro, 22, Austin, Texas
- Donavan Parker, 22, Fruit Cove, Florida
- Jeff Werts, 32, Locus Grove, Virginia
- Armando Rolon Rivera, 21, Cruz Toa Alta, Puerto Rico
Notable from the list above is the 2022 Porsche Esports Challenge USA winner Randall Haywood, and runner-ups Andrew McCabe and Dean Helt.
The 16 finalists will compete to win their share of the $30,000 prize pool, with other driving experiences and prizes up for grabs. Most notably, the top three winners will each receive a TAG Heuer Connected Calibre E4 Porsche Edition Watch.
The Porsche Esports Challenge USA is now in its second year, after crowning the inaugural champion at Sports Car Together Fest at Indianapolis in 2022.
For Rennsport Reunion 7 tickets and information, please click here.
About Gran Turismo™
Gran Turismo™ is a video game developed by Polyphony Digital Inc., a subsidiary of Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc. Having launched in Japan first in 1997, the multi-award-winning franchise is regarded as the best and most authentic driving simulator due to true-to-life graphics, authentic physics technology and careful attention to detail. Polyphony and its famed creator Kazunori Yamauchi have revolutionized the racing game genre.