The Porsche 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be available with either manual or PDK transmissions, with deliveries to commence from the end of 2021.
The edition is based on the new 911 GT3 with Touring Package (type 992), which was also unveiled today.
It is the first time that Porsche has based a market-specific edition on a 911 GT product, and the first time a special edition has been created by Porsche for the Australian market.
“I congratulate Australia on such a significant milestone,” said Matthias Becker, Vice President Region Overseas and Emerging Markets at Porsche AG.
“I am pleased to see that the occasion is being celebrated in style with this sensational special edition, a sportscar that links right back to the start of our journey in Australia and that any Porsche enthusiast would be proud to own.”
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition - Exterior
The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition was designed in collaboration with experts from the Style Porsche design team, the Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur customisation department and Porsche Cars Australia. The special edition boasts various unique exterior and interior design features to celebrate this year’s significant milestone.
Limited number of the edition will be produced, each painted in a new customised colour developed by Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur. The colour, Fish Silver Grey Metallic, is a modern interpretation of ‘Fish Silver Grey’, the colour of one of the first two Porsche 356 imported into Australia back in 1951.
“Exclusivity and customisation have been synonymous with Porsche for decades,“ said Sam Curtis, Managing Director and CEO, Porsche Cars Australia.
“It is fitting that this special edition features exclusive elements that link back to one of the two first Porsche sportscars imported to Australia by Norman Hamilton 70 years ago.”
“The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition will be another special Porsche sportscar that I’m sure will excite fans of the brand for many years to come.“
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition - Interior
The 911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition features a comprehensive list of additional and unique specifications over and above the 911 GT3 with Touring Package:
- Exterior 'Custom Colour' in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
- Wheels painted in Darksilver with wheel rim borders painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
- Badge on B-pillar (both sides) with Australian flag and '70 Years Porsche Australia Edition' lettering in Silver
- Full bucket seats in leather Graphite Blue with seat inlays in Madraskaro check fabric in Graphite Blue and Crayon
- Dashboard trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic with 'GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition' lettering in Black
- Centre console trim painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
- Storage compartment lid with embossing of logo '70'
- Gear shift pattern on gear lever in Crayon
- Door sill guards in brushed Aluminium in Black with 'GT3' (illuminated) and '70 Years Porsche Australia Edition' lettering
- GT3 multi-function sports steering wheel with 12-o’clock marker in Crayon
- Vehicle keys painted in Fish Silver Grey Metallic
- Key pouch in leather in Black and Graphite Blue with stitching in Crayon
- Indoor-car-cover in Graphite Blue with piping in Crayon and 'GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition' lettering on the sides in Crayon as well as the 'Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur' logo on the front in Crayon
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition - Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
The following specifications are standard on the edition over and above the 911 GT3 with Touring Package:
- Chrono Package including preparation for lap trigger
- Light Design package with additional ambient lighting
- Touring package exterior painted in Black (tailpipe trims and side window sills) but with 'PORSCHE' logo on rear painted in Lightsilver
- Tinted LED main headlights including Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS)
- Brake calipers painted in Black (high-gloss)
- Wheels painted in satin Darksilver
- Lightweight full bucket seats with Porsche crest embossed on headrests
- Roof lining and sun visors in Race-Tex
- Leather interior Exclusive Manufaktur in two-tone combination of Graphite Blue and Black
- Loud speaker trims painted in interior colour
- Cup holder trims in leather
- Extended Package Leather interior Exclusive Manufaktur
- Storage package
- Interior package with decorative stitching in Crayon
- BOSE Surround Sound System
Other features standard on the GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition include:
- Automatically dimming mirrors including rain sensor
- Lifting system for front axle
- ParkAssist (rear only)
- Rear-view camera
- Tyre sealing compound with electric air compressor
- Digital radio
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition
911 GT3 70 Years Porsche Australia Edition: $494,300 ^
Further information for consumers, including driveaway pricing, is available via the Porsche Car Configurator on Porsche.com.au here.
^ Prices are recommended retail prices before statutory on-road and dealer delivery charges, which vary from State to State and between dealers. Driveaway pricing available via the Porsche Car Configurator at Porsche.com.au. All prices shown are based on a standard specification vehicle with no optional equipment (unless otherwise selected). Final prices may vary from dealer to dealer and according to individual circumstances. Prices are subject to change without notice. Please contact an Official Porsche Centre to obtain specific information about prices, vehicles and features.
* PS (PferdeStärke, German for horsepower) is the standard unit used in the European Union to measure the power output of a motor in ‘metric horsepower’