FIA WEC - Page 2

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ...
  11. 13

Ferry Porsche with a Porsche Type 356 B Coupe in the car delivery department in the yard of Plant No. 2 in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen, 1960, Porsche AG

In contrast to the modern computer-controlled mechanical handling systems in the vehicle production area, the painted bodyshells were moved on trolleys on arrival from the coachbuilders Karosseriewerk Reutter. They were propelled manually from one work station to the next in accordance with a predetermined work preparation schedule. The Reutter company was acquired by Porsche KG in 1964.

Ferry Porsche had worked in his father’s design office ever since the establishment of ”Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche GmbH” in 1931.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. ...
  11. 13